xbox 360

my storage device has 32.0 gb and its saying i have 6.3 on my xbox and there is nothing on it when i click it and also i try to download something it tries to load then it closes

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Hello,

As far as the available storage goes for your hard drive, the stuff needed for the Xbox to function with the Xbox Servers is pre-downloaded and not available to be deleted. So it will not show the pre-downloaded content but show that the available storage is less than what type of hard drive you have. For example, a 250gb hard drive can show any thing from 220 - 230 gb available even though the size of the hard drive is 250.

I hope this helps you out with you issue/concerns with the storage.

Thank you,

Xbox Ambassador

Happy Gaming!!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

32 GB? Official hard drives never came in that capacity. My 20 GB drive has about 16 GB after system allotment and the stupid Gbit to Gbyte conversion. Try to format your device.

Sorry this didn't help.

OK what the ambassador above said is true yes! 6.3 gb for system allotment does seem kinda steep tho! I'm sorry your having this issue, maybe try reformating you hard drive, but bear in mind d anything and everything you have downloaded will be gone! And require re download! If this doesn't work feel free to contact tact Xbox support at 1-800-469-9269 or @-800-4my-xbox! Thank you for being a loyal Xbox customer!

Sorry this didn't help.