Xbox 360 + Xbox One Party Chat

Am I the only bummed that I won't be able to talk to my friends on the 360?
The statistics of my friends list comes out to 99% of them NOT getting the X1.
When I switch over to test it out I'll start off alone. And what the heck do I do when Destiny and Halo come out? Do I buy the 360 version or X1 version?
I feel as if I stay on the 360 I'll have my friends to play with.
On the other hand, if I abandon the 360 I'll be forced to make new friends on this generation.

Sadness...I'm clingy. Why, Microsoft, why? ; __ ;

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 12 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I think making new friends (additional) friends is a good thing.

^^ This.

Yeah I'm in the same situation. I'm selling my 360 though and getting all my games X1, when friends come over they'll see how good the X1 looks and hopefully buy one.

It's always fun making new friends online on Xbox , , why would you buy a 360 game when youre gonna have the Xbox one lol  

Most of my friends are PC gamers so I can just Skype em, and I don't mind making new X1 friends. That's part of the experience!

I really only party chat if i'm actually playing a game with whoever and those without the X1 won't have those games, so it won't be too bad.  I'll be sending text messages to those who are wondering how the next-gen Xbox is.

I've got it all planned out since many of my friends are also not getting a One at launch. My 360 will be in the HDMI pass through so if some of my friends are on that don't have the One, I can simply snap the 360 real quickly, plug my mic into the 360 controller, and talk to them, then get back to my One gaming.

Xbox One uses better audio than Xbox 360 (One has Skype audio tech thingy). I agree I'm a bit bummed too. But I will keep playing my Xbox 360 until they end XBL support for it so I can chat with my friends and get on the appropriate console when I do.

I think Xbox 360 is sticking with only 15,000 XBL servers worldwide where as Xbox One will have 300,000 Azure XBL servers worldwide.

I hope the party chat feature on the Xbox One is -VERY- similar to the Xbox Live Party Chat on the 360. Seeing a group of avatars in a party on the Dashboard. And being able to easily change party chat to open or Invite-Only. I hope this is what this Skype party chat will be like too. A lot to experience when Xbox One comes out.

Ive seen this a few times that across console chat isnt available for 'technical reasons'

I spoke to someone on  'xbox support' and they said cross console chat is available but cross console gaming isnt.

they obviously lied.

it annoys me that even though on xbox.com there is already a check-list of what Xbox One can do but questions like this are not on there to 100% clarify this, all it says is that 'you’ll still be able to see which of your friends is online and message them' but the problem is this is the only cross console information on there.

its frustrating how many questions have not yet been answered

in my opinion Xbox One looks awesome, but its the fact that nobody that I know is getting one so making all new friends will be even harder. 

GAMING GAMING GAMING GAMING thats what its for you want a girlfriend then join a dating site C'mon guys get a brain. lol.

As i keep saying in these identithreads - Keep your 360 so you can chat or buy an XB1 headset..simple.