Xbox 360 Xbox Live Disconnecting when In Party

I've got a bit of a strange problem in that when i'm on the Xbox One and invited friends join my party or if I join their party everything's ok, but when I'm on the X360  and invited friends join my party or I join theirs within less than a minute i'm disconnected from live and have to connect again.. It only ever seems to do it once per gaming session, and after i've signed back into XBL it's ok..

I've cleared cache, checked DNS on the X360 and my routers and NAT is open..  

It's been doing this since XO launch day.. :)

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:
Answer

I've finally debunked this annoying issue, after replacing the 500mb homeplugs with 1gb ones, I still had the issue, I reset to factory settings the router that the Xbox 360 & Xbox One are connected to , and still had the issue, I reset to factory settings on the Xbox 360 and recovered my gamertag again, but still had the issue.

I then, as a last resort checked the Primary & Secondary DNS settings on the TPlink adsl modem, and noticed that the primary settings had been changed. I'd already had this happen with the Apple Airport Extreme router via malware despite having plenty of anti-malware / security programs scanning our PC's, the malware uses exploits

I reset the modem, run the setup, changed the Primary & Secondary DNS IP's to Googles Primary 8.8.8.8 and Secondary 8.8.1.1 and it's been fine since and I check the modem's settings every couple of days..

I've included further info incase it helps anyone.

DNSChanger, a form of malware, redirects your Internet traffic to alternative websites, allowing the malicious operator to control the customer’s Internet experience. A common method is to redirect advertisement traffic to sites controlled by the malicious operator. This malware can also allow infected computers to be controlled remotely. Details about this malware, how it can attack, and how your system may have been infected, can be found on the following FBI and Department of Justice website.

DNSChanger malware causes a computer to use rogue, or bad, Domain Name System (DNS) settings in one of two ways. First, if the malware successfully infects the customer’s computer(s), it changes the DNS settings to replace the good ISP settings with rogue settings that are then operated by the malicious operator. Second, if the malware infects a router or gateway device on the customer’s network, all computers located behind the router or gateway device within your network could be controlled by the malicious operator. Therefore, these changes may impact all computers on your network, even if those computers are not themselves infected with the malware.

Google Search Here

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.