xbox 360 won't find network wired and i don,t have a wireless connector?

Set up the console which is second hand from the kids dad. wont recognise that there is an Ethernet cable there at all and I do not have a wireless connector for the xbox 360 is there something wrong with the console or with the cable connection to the computer or modem/router?

can anybody help me plz"?

thnx in advance

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hey there wazzalana!

Can we have you give this wizard a try and see how far you get?  support.xbox.com/.../connection-error-solution

Also, is the Xbox connected to the computer?  If so, then you need to follow these instructions.  support.xbox.com/.../win-computer

Let us know how it turns out...

Have a Great Weekend!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

1.Start your web browser, and try to connect to the Internet. If you cannot connect to the Internet, make sure that you are sharing the primary Internet connection in step 3.

2.Plug one end of the Ethernet cable into the network port on your computer. Plug the other end of the network cable into the back of your Xbox 360 console.

3.On your Xbox 360 console, make sure that all network settings are set to Automatic.

Here's how:

Note If you are connecting to a wireless network, or if you have PPPoE settings entered, note the settings because you might have to enter them later.

1.Press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and then select System Settings.

2.Select Network Settings.

3.Select Wired Network

then it says

(to use a wireless internet connection make sure an Ethernet cable is connected to both your console and your router or modem.) I did

its just not finding the connection visible so cant run additional settings to do a default reset.

what else can I do

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there wazzalana,

If your console is not recognizing the ethernet connection, it sounds like there may be an issue with the console hardware.

I would recommend trying a different ethernet cable or a different ethernet port on your router. If you're still running into the same issue, then I would suggest sending that console in for a repair.

Sorry this didn't help.