Xbox 360 won't connect to Xbox Live, but the Xbox One works just fine...

State: Maryville, TN

Modem/Router: I have no idea. I'm on a college campus and do not have access to either.

Error code: 80151904

ISP: Charter

Direct connected.

I don't know why I'm having trouble with the 360. The Xbox Live status alert seems to pertain only to specific games rather than the entire service. Like the subject states, my Xbox One is experiencing no problems with Xbox Live. I can play online, play with friends, etc. I know living on a college campus means the bandwidth is going to be used up during peak hours. However, I'm posting this at 5 a.m. EST, so it is unlikely that many people on my campus are online. Even if they were, that still wouldn't explain why the Xbox One works. I know a nasty storm cell just passed over the southern states, which is where I live, and that is when I started experiencing problems. But, correlation does not imply causation. Any help would be appreciated. If it's an issue on Xbox's side, then I'll be patient (not much choice anyway), but I would like to discern whether or not it's a problem on my side or their side. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

could you run a live Connection test on your 360 and check which Kind of error it Shows?

like mtu error, icmp error, ip address error or similar?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

It's a DNS error.

Sorry this didn't help.

manually assigning dns entries could solve it, set primary to 8.8.8.8 for example, this is a public dns server (well, belongs to google, but thats as much as a 100% uptime guarantee as possible)

Sorry this didn't help.