Xbox 360 won't allow me to test my connection.

My Xbox won't connect to Xbox Live, and won't even allow me to test my connection! I hit test connection, and I choose wired, and it says, "To use a wired Internet connection, make sure an Ethernet cable is connected to both your console and your router or modem." AND IT IS! I even plugged the Ethernet cable directly into my laptop and the internet worked just fine. I've tried restarting modem and router, I've tried restarting Xbox, but still have the SAME problem. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

Hello nunnboyz3 - Have you had a power surge recently in your house or a storm that made the lights flicker or anything of that sort? If so your Ethernet port may have stopped working because of this, if you can please try to alternatively use a wireless adapter (if one is available) or the internal wireless if you have an XBOX 360 Slim, and let us know if this works out for you. If you need the Ethernet to work out then you'll have to contact XBOX Support for your region and initiate a repair, alternatively you can also go to http://myservice.xbox.com. The repair is free if your XBOX 360 is still under the manufacturers warranty, if it's not then it will cost you $99. Hope this helps you out.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.