Xbox 360 wireless (wifi) adapter not working correctly

Hey guys,

My wifi adapter (original, single antenna) has some problems and I cannot figure out what is causing it.

Let me explain;

A while ago my adapter stopped working. Whenever I power on my Xbox the antenna wouldn't power on. No light, nothing. At first I thought it was broken, but then I noticed that sometimes when I plug the powercord in to my Xbox the red light would flash for just a second. If I then turn my xbox on it would power on with a green light and work flawlessly. Let me repeat, it is not broken, because whenever I plug it into my pc the red light will turn on instantly.

So whenever I want to play Xbox I have to start like 15 minutes earlier and start plugging the power cord in, pulling it out, plugging it in, pulling it out, until the red light flashes for just a second. This happens completely at random so sometimes it takes 2 tries, sometimes 50.

I think it has something to do with it not getting enough power or something.

Anyone got tips?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Hi Mr,

Sorry to hear about the troubles.

It sounds to me like your console is in need of some love, as this may be a hardware issue.

At this point, I would suggest setting up an Xbox 360 Repair.  

Let us know how that goes, or if you have anymore questions.  

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for the answer but I'm not going to set up a repair. Paying $99 for a 8 year old console is a bit too much.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.