Xbox 360 WIRED Controller No Power

Hi there,

I have come across a very annoying problem, I was playing my games like normal with the Xbox 360 controller which is hooked up to my computer via USB. it was working all fine until later this night (21/07/2015) when it decided to cut off and stop receiving power. Now whenever I attempt to plug this xbox 360 wired controller into another free slot I have the same problem. Even if I plug into another computer with all the working USB ports I still come out with the same solution. It was working fine before. I haven't dropped, split or damaged any wires during the time I was playing my games with it. I didn't need to install any drivers before so I didn't think that would be the case but I installed the drivers just in case to see if it had just uninstalled. This also turns out with the same problem. 

Can anyone kindly help me please.

Cheers,

James

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 18 Applies to:
Answer

It could just be...broken. You don't necessarily have to drop something for it to break. If it's not receiving any power, there's hundreds of things it could be. From internal components that are broken, to the cable not making contact to the inside, to the USB connector being damaged. There's not much you can do. If plugging it into anything doesn't give it power, then it's just broken and needs to be replaced.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.