XBOX 360 UPDATE ERROR

Bought Gears of War 3 last week and then game installed new Xbox360 updates. At the end of the update the console gave an E81 error. After restarting the console worked fine. Tried to connect to xbox live but it keeps asking to install a new update which installs up until the end and give an E81 error. I have the 4gb Xbox S with an additional 250gb hard drive. Cannot connect to live due to this error and it keeps asking for the update as soon as the console is switched on.

Is there any possible solution for this.

Thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 26 Applies to:

Tell you 1 thing i just got a new console from repair turn it on it tries to update when i already have the update on my hdd then i get e81 now i have to send it into repair when i have only just got it back seriously im done with xbox , the repair system is broke and the people who repair are worthless .

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

E81 refers to a system error. Unfortunately, if you still get this error when the hard drive is removed, it sounds like your console is in need of repair. You can visit here for more info: support.xbox.com/.../repair-process

Sorry this didn't help.

The console actually starts without any problems. Can also play Gears, but cannot connect to Xbox live and keep getting a prompt to install an update. HAve tried installing update manually with USB and CD but console does nothing. Each time I try to install update from live it gives an E81 error. Think this might be a gears of war 3 problem as a few people get this error. Thanks. Hope there is a solution for this

Sorry this didn't help.

Can you try removing the hard drive and see if that allows the console to start?

Sorry this didn't help.