Xbox 360 Update 23/2/12

Just had to download an update when I signed into Xbox Live, any idea what its for??

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

i got the same thing while watching netflix. wasnt there an update just recently? why are we getting another?

I was prompted for one as well. They just did one earlier this week wasnt it?

Still no exact reason why this update was needed?

Have been looking around with people saying that it may have been a small bit dodgy, but have yet to find anything.

Most probably just a security update? But then again it's a big download.

Got one too, and I can't find any information on it. I hate how updates sign you out while you're in the middle of doing something. -_-

I think that thy just fixed a bad bug from last week where you will join a friends party and all 7 poeple have the same gammer tag it goes away in 20secneds or so but still iv been getting it and so have all my friends on xbox. if it is a bug i hope thy fix it. really did not see anything new with apps or games.

it updated both the dashboard and kernel to version 2.0.14719.0 so i am guessing its an anti piracy measure and checking for flashed and or otherwise modified xboxes as well are more performance and color space improvements.

You know, I wish they would announce when they are going to have an update and what its for BEFORE doing the update lol

Was watching Lost. Right when Penny and Desmond speak in season 4. So touching, then bam! Update. Maybe Xbox should tell us whats in the update like it does when we buy stuff off the marketlace

MAN, going HAM on overwatch,. and boom! signed out, *sigh*