xbox 360 unable to play any disc (game,dvd,cd)

so, ive had my xbox for 3 years or so, its old and has never had a problem. Just recently however, the disc drive has refused me access to my games. I have tried every step available and none of them have solved my issue. What happens when i play discs is: i put the game in the trya and close it, it then sounds like its spinning, but its chopping/skipping, then it makes an error noise. I used to have to wait a little while and it would work but now its just dead. Honestly, i dont want to have to get a new xbox, if it comes to it i will but i would prefer to keep mine, even for a week. My b-day is feb 17 and thats when i can get to gamestop and get a new one, if anyone has had this issue, fixed it or just advice in general please share it here, message me on live or email me- *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

I just need a week of my xbox being playable thats it, then i can get a new one.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

I recently had the same problem. My old Xbox 360 stopped reading discs. Unfortunately, it's outside the one year warranty for that particular repair. You'll have to purchase a new console. But trust me, it's worth it. I got a 4GB Slim with a 320GB HDD. I'm happy with it.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.