Xbox 360 - Split Component to two devices?

Hey guys. I use Xsplit to stream my Xbox 360 use an AverTV Capture HD card. This sometimes causes input lag if streaming in 720p and almost always in 1080p.

My HDMI does not work on my Xbox 360 so I am forced to use component cables. This is fine except it seems rather difficult to split the image to two devices unlike HDMI.

I'm very new to this so I am not sure if this will work. This item:

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/3-Pc-3-RCA-RGB-Component-Video-Y-Pr-Pb-Splitter-Cable-M-2F-/370735124201?pt=US_Video_Cables_Adapters&hash=item5651890ee9

If I purchase that item will it split my component video to both my TV and Capture Card? I have a spare set of double sided component cables I can use to go along with it.

Would I need more than that?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

From what I can tell on that splitter is that it only accepts inputs and then the output would be plugged into your TV (or capture card) allowing for you to run 2 Component Devices on the same channel on the TV/card... If you could find one that has 1 input and divides it between 2 output devices, then it may work (that's if your trying to display on TV while recording on PC).

However, I don't think that will get rid of the lag from the screen your playing on and the live stream your showing to the net.  This is because there is always a delay in the capturing of an image before it can be displayed to out sourced media. Like even live TV is off by about 7 seconds in the real world, allowing for censors to press button, and so the quality remains 100%.  Your card first needs to capture the image, turn it into a temp read file and then show it off to users on a server or whatever via Xsplit...  Now if your just recording to save the video and playback later, then lag should not matter.

Hopefully, this is what you were asking.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

[quote user="AlanOC91"]his is fine except it seems rather difficult to split the image to two devices unlike HDMI.[/quote]Think you have that backwards. It's not exactly kosher to "split" HDMI, though there are matrix switches that will perform the function.[quote]This item:[/quote]You'll want a powered Component Video Distribution Amplifier, like this.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks guys!

I *think* the lag is caused by Xsplit itself on my computer, you get me? I think its my computer slowing down (95% processing power is used up when streaming) and the display lagging as a result of that which is why I wanted to try split the image. Its not a deal breaker or anything but it would have been nice.

Thanks for the link IceStorm III. I noticed those before but unfortunately I am definitely not going to be paying that much for one.

Maybe I should try a different program besides Xsplit. I may get better results out of it!

Streaming in 1080p with a game like FIFA13 is a nightmare as you need pin point precision to play the game and the display lagging doesn't help matters.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="AlanOC91"]Thanks for the link IceStorm III. I noticed those before but unfortunately I am definitely not going to be paying that much for one.[/quote]There are others for less, that's just an example (though others are in about the same pricing ballpark - $45 to the sky's the limit). You want a powered device as you're trying to drive multiple analog inputs with one analog output.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thats unfortunate :( I did read that unpowered ones can cause a serious loss in quality so I guess that would not have been a wise decision.

Ack! If only my HDMI worked on my Xbox 360! I have a powered HDMI splitter >.>

Sorry this didn't help.