To get things started I will post my info first, then present my questions. (Side Note: I realize there are service problems with live right now, but this problem has been ongoing for quite some time. It has been going on for as long as I can
remember connecting the Xbox to Xbox Live like 5 years ago.) Also, sorry in advance for posting in the wrong area or making it hard to read. I would also like to mention that my connection (for everything) drops every once in a while for just a quick time
like 2 or 3 seconds, if that has anything to do with this or is even an issue at all.
- I live in central Montana (USA) Modem brand & model number: **** TM402P/110
- Router brand & model number: Netgear WNDR3300
- If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal (Xbox 360S) adapter? Always wired, but Xbox 360S.
- Is UPnP Enabled? Yes
- Do you have a NAT error? If so, what is your NAT type? No, I have it opened.
- Any Error Codes you encounter: Every once in a while in a game like Halo, it will say my Nat type is not open.
- Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)? It used to be Bresnan, then it was Optimum, now it is Charter.
- After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" press “Y” for "More Info”. In the pop-up that appears, what are the following values, if shown? (If a value below does not appear for you, just leave it blank.) W: 0000 - 000B
X: 0001 - 8005
Y: 20A8 - 4800
Z: 0000 - 0000
ID: FFFF - FFFF
L: 0015 - 10F0
Q: 8007 - 0435
- Things you have tried: Everything I can think of, DMZ and port forwarding (not together lol), with and without UPnP, Static and Dynamic IP, Wired and Wireless, secured and open NAT, and other router setting changes I probably forgot about.
I followed the WNDR330 setup walkthrough on these forums, and those are the setting as of now (w/o DMZ, w/ forwarded ports and static IP). I also checked the speed of my 360 (Wired) on bandwidthplace.com and got: 2.4Mbps download, 2.6 Mbps upload, and 30-40ms
for ping I also checked my windows 8x phone (Wireless) and got: 9Mbps download, 3.6 upload, 45 ms ping, I even checked my Xbox One (Wired with the same wire from the 360 and with no settings on the router and dynamic IP) and got: 13 Mbps download, 3.7 upload,
and 34ms ping. I checked my friends 360 speed and he got pretty much the same speed as my 360 and he has the same ISP. I have also tried calling the ISP and they have said there is nothing wrong on their end. I have pretty much used up all of my own solutions
I could think of. Also, just to mention as much as possible, I have tried every step on this https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/networking/slow-performance-solution and this
https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/networking/nat-error-solution and this
https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/networking/random-disconnect-solution and all of the appropriate posts here http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/networking-hardware/default.aspx so I don't think information from any of those places will
I have at least a couple questions: 1) Why do they not have you test your xbox 360 speed when they have you check your bandwidth?
2) Is it possible for me to get more speed out of my Xbox 360?
3) Why does my internet drop every once in a while?
My third question does not have to be answered but at least the first two would be nice, and thanks for taking the time to read and post.