Xbox 360 Slim Wireless?

I bought the 4gb Xbox 360 S with the Skylander's bundle pack on black friday this year. These consoles have the built in Wi-Fi for connecting to the internet, correct? When I try to connect without an ethernet cable plugged in, I get a message saying to connect a wireless adapter. I am just wondering if for some odd reason this console doesn't have the built in wifi. It has been doing this since I took it out of the box. Thanks.

-Brandon

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 876 Applies to:

Hey XxHOndaRid3rxX,

First off how far away is your console fromt he wifi connection? Also are any other networks showing up? Have you tried to reset your connection and see if the network appears? DO you have any other devices connected to the wifi to ensure that the wifi service is working in your house?

Thanks

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Alright I went to Walmart tonight and exchanged my console for a brand new one. When I booted it up and it ran through the setup of my console, it connected wirelessly! Now after it installed an update, the wireless doesn't work any longer and it is asking for another wireless adapter!!! How do you completely restore the Xbox to the factory defaults as if I booted the console for the first time? Is their a set of buttons to press to restore the Xbox 360 Slim to factory? My Xbox is literally right near my modem/router. I know it works because that is how I get the internet on my laptop. No other connections are showing up. Please help!!

-Brandon

Sorry this didn't help.

Try and see if this troubleshooter can give your some insight. You will want to check and make sure that your router is using a compatible encryption key (WPA, etc).

Sorry this didn't help.

That link basically says I have another hardware failure. It just seems weird that the wireless was working before the main update upon booting the console for the first time... Is there a passcode sequence on the controller that restores the console to factory settings ( Where it acts as if you boot the console for the first time and you have to set parental controls and restrictions?)

I can't believe this happened not once but twice!

Sorry this didn't help.

To restore the console to factory settings, enter this button combination on the Dashboard: LT, RT, X, Y, LB, RB, X, X, X, X

Sorry this didn't help.

I will try when I get home from work. I don't know why an update would cause the Wi-Fi to fail and cause a hardware failure, but it's worth a try before I return yet another 360 to Wal-Mart.

I do this sequence in the System Info tab of the dashboard, correct?

Sorry this didn't help.

That is correct.

Sorry this didn't help.