Xbox 360 slim turns on then right back off.

Hey my xbox is acting up. When I turn it on it turns right back off. The power brick was orange then turned green for 2 sec then back to orange. I tried a different power brick and it turns from orange to red, also I have it completely tore down and I can't see anything wrong. Will xbox still fix my console after its been open if I pay?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 180 Applies to:

Few things:

-Is the Xbox in an open area along with the power brick? if not can you try moving it to an open and cooler area.

-If that doesn't work try borrowing a friends power adapter and see if you still have the same problem.

-Try bringing the Xbox to a friends house and see if it's your power outlet.

-Opening the Xbox voids all warranty thus meaning you will need to purchase a new one when it is time.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

It seems like this is a problem with your XBOX 360 if you are still having this issue even after trying a new power brick.

The answer to your overall question in the last line is absolutely not. Microsoft will not fix any console that has been opened for any reason what so ever. So your only choice would be to purchase a new console.

Sorry this didn't help.

Ive tried it at my mom and dads house too and still nothing. This is going to be the 3rd Xbox Ive purchased its a bummer that they just don't seem to last anymore. I know their more high tech than the old consoles but I wish they'd last forever like they did. It's like every  2-3 years Im buying a new one. I appreciate  the answer and how quick you guys responed! Thanks very much. aslo would you trust a refab xbox from game stop? and could I trade it in anywere?

Sorry this didn't help.

I personally don't trust refurbished equipment especially from Gamestop. That's just my own personal take on it, and as far as your old console, you won't be able to sell/trade it to anyone since it doesn't work properly and it's already been opened.

Sorry this didn't help.