Xbox 360 slim scratched disc

Today I was starting up my Xbox 360 slim and noticed that the USB cord to my headset was unplugged. I tilted the Xbox up to plug it back in, and when I set the Xbox back down on the ground I heard a bad sounding grinding noise. I went to go play the disc that was in the Xbox (COD: Ghosts) and I got a read error message, even though the game booted up. After taking out the disc, I saw that it had a ring-size scratch all around the disc. The Xbox will recognize and read the disk, but once I try to do something in the menus it freezes.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 21 Applies to:

Hey dude the same thing happened to my game disc and it scratched it up in a circle but I did not pick my xbox up or move it at all. I just moved it slightly didn't pick it up or move it away from the surface it was on but it started to scratch the disc and now I can't play it on my new DLC i just got for COD: Ghosts. Also my xbox shows the cannot read disc at that point so i just bought the Season Pass for it and I can't even play it anymore. So if someone will answer this please. That would be great. Thanks.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

THIS is why you NEVER move a 360 when it is on and a disc is in the system.  you can try to have the disc repaired at places that sell used cd/dvd/games using one of their disc scratch repair machines but there is no guarantee that will work next time be more careful about moving the system when it is turned on.

Sorry this didn't help.

Yea well i was playing fifa 14 and i did not move it at all and all of i sudden it destroyed the disk. I tried to install fifa but at 30% it said error reading disk.

Sorry this didn't help.

Same thing happened to mine. 1. I put in disk 2. Disk reads 3. I play game 4. Before i can do anything game freezes 5. Deletes all my memory 6. I take out disk and it had a circle scrach mark around it. I took it in to get it checked and they said it could not be fixed because it was lazer burned. So just out of couiriosity I took it to Video Outlet for $3.00 they fixed it and it worked. (P.S.) IT MAY NOT WORK FOR YOU AND IF IT DOES WORK COME BACK ON AND TELL ME SO I CAN TALLY IT UP AND SEE THE CHANCES

Sorry this didn't help.

please do not bump old threads it only gets them locked thanks

Sorry this didn't help.