Xbox 360 slim randomly beeps and buttons not working!

My 250 gb Xbox 360 slim has been randomly making the on/off and disc tray open/close noise when the Xbox is on and off. It will beep even when the power brick is in standby mode (orange light). It has been doing this for about two weeks now. I have tried cleaning the buttons with Q-tips but it still beeps randomly. It is not persistent either. It might beep once in an hour or twice in 5 minutes. It's just completely random! The buttons will also sometimes not work when I touch them. On 2 different occasions while I was playing my Xbox my disk tray opened without anyone or anything touching it. I have had this Xbox since it came out and have not had any problems until recently. Please someone from Xbox support email me at [Mod Removed - Please don't post your personal information on this public forum.] to try and figure out what is going on.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 11 Applies to:

Bump

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hard to say dude. Try to unplug your console and let it sit for a few hours then plugging it back in. It's very possible that your buttons are damaged from continuous use and the smallest change in what pressure is applied to them (even air pressure) could cause them to register a press.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.