XBOX 360 SLIM PROBLEMS

I am not a Forum poster at all so this would be my first so apologies if it is in the wrong area.

ANYHOW

My Xbox 360 Elite died a while back, so now since I saw a deal I got the Xbox 360 slim [250 GB]. It just came in about a day ago I believe. I really didn't expect it to be absolutely glorious but I was still dissappointed to find.... that what I had... was no Xbox 360 is was basically a piece of crap hardware wrapped in a pretty black plastic casing.  I first played this new Xbox with a brand new game and noticed it is surprisingly slow not only that... It froze... so I said well maybe its just warming up. Then I transferred my old xbox data to the new one [yes it was a licensed hard drive transfer cable] then I tried playing skyrim and it constantly skipped, and froze in random areas, then it said the dis was unreadable and another time it said the hard drive was corrupt and needed to restart so it did then it red ringed and had E 68 the hardware error. Apparently E 68 is a bit common so I shrugged it off let it cool for a while and turned it on and it was fine... but still it was slow and still skipped and froze and clicked a lot with this disc and did the same thing all over again. So I cleaned the disc making sure to check for any horrible scratches or breaks in my disc and it is completely fine a bit scratched but nothing at all severe so I put it back in and yet again more freezing and skipping and clicking. So I think well maybe it is not getting enough power for these graphics. So I try a few less high graphically packed games and they still eventually froze and clicked and all that greatness that people definitely want in a reliable console [sarcasm] So I thought well maybe something was severely corrupt in my old hard drive and got transferred into this new one. So I tried playing one of the games that was downloaded specifically onto the hard drive and had no disc [Minecraft] and it worked perfectly fine, still froze and still a bit skippy and slow but it was fine. So today I thought maybe my Skyrim will finally work... and it did... with minor skipping and freezing and then it happened... clicked,froze,skipped,then froze again, then had unreadable disc error then closed out, then the screen went black, then said hard drive was corrupt, restarted, then said E 68 yet again.

To sum it up it was brand new and had these problems

- Skipping

- clicking

- freezing

- Red ring

- E 68

- corrupt hard drive error

- Unreadable disc error

for all games

So I want to know...

Am I just SUPER UNLUCKY and got possibly the worst hardwared one they had in stock?

Or are they all typically this Horrible?

Either way I will be taking it back and asking about this stuff but I would like to know if its even worth it, if the next one I get will be in great condition or it will be just a repeat of this.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hi there    I would recommend the following go to settings, select storage, highlight your harddrive hit the y button and select clear system cache. If this does not help reset the router or modem by unplugging one for 30 seconds then plug it back in and wait another 30 secons. Once the 30 seconds are up power up the console to see if that helped.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I actually did try clearing the cache before I started complaining about it, I ended up taking it back. The xbox was shipped to me so either they threw it around like it was nothing during the shipment or I got a really buggy/defective one. I have a new one now and it has no problems at all so all is well.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.