xbox 360 slim power brick

about a month ago my xbox 360 slim powerbrick was going red but my system was turning on and going off after about 10 minutes so then i did everything it told me to doo on xbox forums and it didnt work so i got a new one and today it has started going red and not even powering my xbox what should i do ?? HELP please Also it was a 4gb but i bought a 250 g hardrive if that helps 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Try unplugging the power brick until orange light shuts off once that happens wait 3-4 minutes then plug the power brick back into the wall and into the console and see if this helps.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey, nevbean2k12

Sorry to hear that this is happening again, hopefully we can get you all squared away & running smoothly for the future. A good first step, aside from what NJDevils wrote, would be the page for red lights on your power supply.  Any of that apply to this situation or help get it going? 

Do you normally plug your console into a power strip? Any change in a wall outlet?

Where does the power supply sit while the console is operating? Since this has happened twice, the supply may need to be in a more open & ventilated area to get appropriate cooling. Can you try putting it somewhere new?

Let us know how it goes, we'll be here for you.  

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.