Xbox 360 Slim Power Brick Problem

I think there is a problem with my xbox slim, my power supply unit is acting pretty strange. Last week i had construction workers on my street and the power flicked for like 1 second, (i wasnt using my console and i have a surge protector), but every since then the brick is being strange. First of all, the fan in it is a lot more noticable then before, sounds more like a fan in an average laptop, but louder. Then when i went to turn off my console, the brick stayed on for about a minute and a half, the green light and noisy fan kept going while my xbox was completely off. My console is in perfect condition since i got it last august, and i love it i play it a ton, but im just worried something is wrong with it. Anyone heard of this before?

Question Info

Last updated November 11, 2018 Views 336 Applies to:

mine did the same for a while but since i put it upside down its been fine ever since

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi there.

The power brick may be too hot and therefore it speeds up the internal fan to cool itself, this would also explain why the brick is still powered on after you turn the xbox 360 off.

Is the power brick in an enclosed space at all? If so try giving it some more room, away from other warm objects such as the console itself.

Sorry this didn't help.

i am starting to experience similar issues with my brick, the power in my apartment has gone out a few times in the past week, and now it seems like the light goes from green to inbetween green and orange while it is on, also, it makes this weird grinding noise off and on, i think it's the intercooler fan going, as does a friend of mine, any suggestions as to what's wrong or how to fix it? oh, it don't turn off when the light changes

Sorry this didn't help.

Greetings, Draven! Can you please create a new thread for us by clicking this link: forums.xbox.com/.../addpost.aspx This will enable us to provide you better one-on-one troubleshooting. Thank you in advance! Standing by for your thread. :)

Sorry this didn't help.

my power brick turns to a red light when im playing a game or sometimes starting a game then when it turns red it completly shuts down my xbox it just happen yesterday please help

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Ninja! I found this info on our Support Site regarding your power supply issues:

Flashing orange, solid red, or no light: Your power supply may need to be replaced. Try the following solutions:

1. Try plugging your console’s power supply into a different electrical outlet. Do not use a surge protector.
  2. If the power supply light is solid red or flashing orange, unplug the power supply and let it cool for 30 minutes. Then, plug the power supply back into the outlet.

If your power supply light is still flashing orange, solid red, or unlit, your power supply needs to be replaced. You can Order a replacement Xbox 360 power supply from our Xbox Online Service Center. Console registration is required to replace the power supply under warranty (the power supply warranty is the same as your console warranty).

Sorry this didn't help.

thank you for your help mister gwyther

Sorry this didn't help.

I have no idea,but mine has the EXACT same problems. I don't know why it is doing that, but does your xbox turn off randomly? When my does I think the power supply over heats.

Sorry this didn't help.