XBOX 360 Slim Overheated (Flashing Red Light)

I tried several times to make sure my system wasn't just having the occasional glitch, but unfortunately it keeps overheating. I don't know if it's the system or the power supply, but I'm pretty frustrated at this point. I've been a loyal XBOX customer since before the 360 was released. I've gone through more than one of the original 360 consoles (RROD). I've sold off perfectly good systems so I could get others (Elite, Halo 3 Edition). I currently have two slim models in my house (one belongs to my wife, and one is mine). Now of course those are all my/our choices, but everyone has there breaking point. Unfortunately I've reached mine. I refuse to spend any more money on this console. As of today my XBOX Live & Music Pass renewals have been cancelled along w/my XBOX One pre-order. For those expecting the obvious I'm not switching to Sony/PlayStation!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 71 Applies to:

Hi there Wh1teLightning sorry to hear about your console troubles. Try unplugging everything and waiting 4-5 minutes and see if that clears it up for you.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I'll give it a try and let you know how it works out.  However I'm not paying $80 to have my console fixed.  Its Microsoft's turn to convince me why I should continue to be a customer.  

Sorry this didn't help.

Thats your choice i wouldnt either. yeah let me know if that works :)

Sorry this didn't help.

I tried more than once brother and no luck.  It keeps shutting itself off.  I unplugged everything, and cleaned out the power supply and system w/compressed air even though I had done that just the other day.  I'm not mad anymore just bummed out cause I want to stick w/Xbox, but enough is enough.  I've owned 2 originals, an Elite, A Halo 3 Edition, and 2 slims and out of all those this is the 3rd one to fail.  I spoke to customer service earlier this week and there was really nothing they could do except give me a 90 day extended warranty and one free month of Gold but that doesn't cut it in my opinion.  I told them I refused to pay to have this one fixed, and put anymore money into the console.  I requested they elevate the issue higher which they did, but I haven't heard anything yet.  I was professional about it not rude.  However if I don't hear anything soon I'll take that as Microsoft doesn't care about it's customers.  Like I said it's sad cause I want to be a customer, and I've invested thousands if you count everything I've spent on this system since 2005 (games, accessories...consoles).  

Sorry this didn't help.

We care

What are you trying to accomplish by getting your case elevated, if I may ask?

Also, how old is this console?  

Sorry this didn't help.