Xbox 360 Slim Not Recognizing Built In Wireless Adapter?

I've been watching Netflix nearly all day with some minor buffering issues (I usually never have buffering issues or loading issues since my connection is pretty good), but the minute I go to play Grand Theft Auto 5 Online, I get signed out of Xbox Live. I went through the usual protocol by unplugging my router and turning off my Xbox for a bit and after I turned them both back on, my Xbox wasn't acknowledging it was connected to LIVE (all of the square blips on the dashboard read "Connect to LIVE to view content" or something like that). So then I go to troubleshoot my connection by going to Network Connection under System Settings and my router doesn't come up as an available source of WiFi. I clicked on Wireless Connection, and I got a notification saying "Connect a Wireless Adapter...." I don't remember what exactly it said, but my Xbox was acting like it didn't even have a built in Wireless Adapter. I know for a fact that it was working earlier hence being able to go on Netflix, but ever since I attempted to play Grand Theft Auto 5 Online a little bit ago I've been having this problem. I've tried what other topics suggested by clearing my system cache and even deleting corrupted files with no change. Any help would be appreciated...

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 85 Applies to:

Hey xXRogueKillaXx,

It sounds like your Xbox Slim has a faulty Wireless Adapter. The only way to fix this is to request a repair for your console.

You can request a repair Here.

Let us know if you have any further questions =)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Yeah man what Mister Brosky said, you probably have a faulty wireless adapter, just get it replaced and it should be working well. If you have anymore troubles let us know :)

Sorry this didn't help.

G'day Rogue! Before you set up that repair, let's try a couple of other things:

• If you have any accessories attached to the console, unplug them. This can include USB flash drives, 3rd party headsets, or a capture card/PVR.
  • Unplug your console from power for 5-10 minutes.
  • Plug it back in and start up the cosnole, with accessories still removed.

If it works, great! If the wireless fails again when an accessory is plugged back in, then the accessory may be interfering with the console's functions. If it continues to misbehave without any accessories, then it's time to set up the repair as Brosky suggests.

Sorry this didn't help.

So, I was having the same issue.

I tried Misses Jousts suggestions. I'm not sure if it was taking out my usb or unplugging the console that solved the problem but it worked!

Thanks again for the alternate ideas!

Sorry this didn't help.