Xbox 360 slim model freezing

Hi, I have been having problems with my Xbox 360 slim freezing when playing games such as forza horizon or need for speed most wanted it freezes also when I open up the Xbox guide and try to scroll on my friends list it just solid freezes and I get no response of the Xbox at all I can't power off the console from the power button. I have tried clearing system cashe I have always made sure it has enough ventilation as it is nest to my window and its on a cooling stand so its not a heat issue does anyone have any ideas of what I could do. Thanks,

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 80 Applies to:

Hey there,

Are your games installed to the Hard Drive or are you playing them straight from the disc? Sometimes the Xbox performs better all around when high-taxing games, like racing games or FPS, are installed from the disc to the Hard Drive. You may want to give that a shot to see if it helps with your freezing troubles. To do this:

Install a game on your hard drive

1.Insert the game disc into the disc drive.

*Note After you insert the disc, the default action is to automatically start the game. If this happens, exit the game and return to the Xbox Dashboard.

2.From the Home hub, select the game in the drive tray, and then press X on your controller.

3.Select Install.

4.A progress indicator appears while your game is being installed on your hard drive.

*Note Installing an Xbox 360 game might take 12 minutes.

Some things to consider and remember for this process:

•Installing an Xbox 360 game on a hard drive requires between 4 and 8 gigabytes (GB) of free disk space.

•After installing a game on your hard drive, you still need to have the game disc in the disc drive when you start the game.

•Installing games on your hard drive improves load times and minimizes game disc access.

•You can install games to a USB flash drive or to an Xbox 360 4 GB console. However, some games will not play correctly.

•Original Xbox games cannot be installed on an Xbox 360 Hard Drive.

(Reference: support.xbox.com/.../install-play-delete-game)

I hope this helps you out. Let me know if doing this doesn't solve your problem, and we may have to venture a bit further to help resolve this!

- The Refreshing Penguin

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello there!

You may want to try the Screen freeze solution page! It will ask you a series of questions, and based on your answers depends on what solution you get given in order to attempt to fix your problem!

Hope this helps!

Keep us posted!

Link.

Sorry this didn't help.

this is my exact probl;em i have and ive doen a heck of a lot of trouble shooting to solve it but now im stuck on one issue. EVEYTHING is slow. my xbox starts slow, my sign is slow. sorry iof you see my post blowing up the forum but for me nan update for some EU shouldnt of caused this issue, but im convinced it has. since i also have tranferred my profile and content from and old harddrive to a new i know its not my games because i can still play my games and sign into live but all the interfaces for doing this on xbox is slow.

Sorry this didn't help.

buy a new xbox

Sorry this didn't help.