xbox 360 slim keeps turning off.

for some reason like 3 weeks ago my xbox 360 slim keeps turning off at different times. sometimes when i long into my account or other times when im playing online. i have tried other forums to help me but none seems like my issue. let me list the things that goes wroung with my xbox.

1.keeps turning off by its self.

2.the HDMI TV display keeps reseting it self. (i have it full screen then when it turn its self off it goes into a small little box  in the middle of my tv

3.when i try to turn it back on using the touch button it does not respawn to me touching it when it does turn off by its self 

4.when the HDMI TVdisplay turns off i know it because of what the ring does.  (it starts off with the green dot then i get all green around my green one by one going clock ways they go away. lights up for a seconds goes away, the turns on  with a reset display

is my xbox 360 slim dead. is it a bug from an up date or want. i have let my xbox unpluged from my wall for a whole two days and sometimes i dont even play it for a week now because i have to work but when i do have time i cant because it just does not want to stay on. i need help i have tried pluging my cables on really good but nothing seems to work help.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 16 Applies to:

Well lets try to narrow down the issue. Try using a componant cable (Yellow,White, and Red Plugs) and see if your Xbox keeps doing this.

Post back your results

-Sage

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Ok i tried you idea and it works. when i had the color cable it did not turn off on me but when i went to put back on the HDMI cable it would turn off on me. why do you think it does that and how can i fix this issue so i can keep using my HDMI (it does not look good with the color cables lol)

Sorry this didn't help.

I cannot suggest how to solve the issue but if your HDMI cannot be used, I'd suggest using a VGA cable as they (depending on the screen) can actually be better than HDMI. By this I mean VGA was better on my old TV but HDMI is better on my new monitor so it can vary, the difference isn't bad though unlike HDMI vs Component.

Xbox Live Community Ambassador

Sorry this didn't help.

You could try another HDMI cable.... If you have not already,

Sorry this didn't help.

will i have to buy another one because i dont know any one else who has one. so it might take me a few days to get one. but what i have done is i put my HDMI cable on another HDMI port on my TV and my xbox has stoped turning off. i have only seen it turn off one over the few times i have turned on my xbox. but i will still try your methed .

Sorry this didn't help.

It could be the port on your t.v but another cord can also narrow down that issue and in the end if both HDMI cords work then you will have a backup one :)

Sorry this didn't help.

it happend to me 2 weeks after repair

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there, XJordan1012X. Can you please create a new thread for us? This will enable us to start the troubleshooting process for you. Thanks in advance! Standing by for your thread. :)

Sorry this didn't help.