Xbox 360 slim freezing randomly

So i have a xbox 360 slim special edition that i got last year and lately it has been freezing on me. It started to freeze on me when i got the xbox back from the repair center and its the same one. It wasnt that bad but when i got Battlefield 3 it wouldnt stop freezing. I would start to play for 5 minutes and then it would freeze. So i turned it off and turned it back on and it froze on the start up animation and did it once again and the middle light on my 360 went red and no picture came up. So i unhooked everything from it and waited the next day to play it. I turned it on and it was fine but froze a few mins later so i restarted it again and it was fine for the entire day. I was just playing black ops for a few hours and its completely fine. I dont know if battlefield 3 is the case but can anybody help me with this please? Also the console is in a well ventilated area so no worries about that.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 9 Applies to:

bump

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi there! Please refrain from bumping threads within 24 hours of your post, as it's against forum policy. Thanks. :)

When you say the middle light on your console, do you mean the light in the middle of the Ring of Light? Or do you mean on the power supply? If the former, what color is the power supply light? Also, can you try removing your hard drive, and let us know if you have the same issue?  

Sorry this didn't help.

Ah sorry about that im new when it comes to forums. Yes the light appears in the middle of the rings but it only happened once. The power supply is green. Actually i was playing battlefield 3 today and i was playing for around 1o minutes and it froze on me again but i am able to play portal 2. Im going to EBgames to exchange it so hopefully it will fix the problem. Ill let you know

Sorry this didn't help.

So i went to exchange it but the guy said that its been happening to allot of people so im not sure what to do :(

Sorry this didn't help.

It sounds like your Xbox may be overheating. Make sure it has proper ventilation by keeping it out of tight or enclosed areas.

If that doesn't solve the problem, try installing the game you wish to play onto your HDD and see if the issue is resolved.

Hope this helps! It would be a bummer to be without Xbox for a weekend :(.

Sorry this didn't help.

Well you see that's the thing. Every other game i play its fine. My xbox has allot of space around it so i don't think its over heating. I also did install the game onto my HDD and still the same thing happens.

Sorry this didn't help.

Are there any error messages on screen when the console freezes, or the red dot appears on the console?

Sorry this didn't help.

mines freezes randomly as well no warning no color changes of the lights just freeze while im playing and sometimes i wont  even load my game that is in great condition :{

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there, VoLuS OG Faze. Since this thread is quite old can you please create a new thread for us? Be sure to include a full description of your situation including any error codes you are seeing as well. Thanks in advance!

Sorry this didn't help.