Xbox 360 Slim Freezing Issue

I replaced my first generation Xbox 360 with the newer slim model in March as I had become disillusioned with multiple red rings and the ridiculous noise levels from my older model, while still wishing to avail of your products. But the new one started freezing after only 2 months and is continuing to do so, with elevated frequency.

I find this completely unacceptable, and have tried any fixes I could find on your support pages numerous times. Cleared system cache, checked the hard drive was in place, in a well ventilated area and it freezes both online and offline and in numerous titles.

Any help would be appreciated as its very frustrating to be continually stung by shoddy console design. I would send it away, but I have no confidence that the issue would be explored correctly, as it appears to work at first impressions as opposed to the red rings or E74 issue of previous models.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

If you have tried all the steps on the support pages for freezing issues and they have not helped then the next step would be to send it into MS for a service/repair. You can arrange that either by phoning support for your region or on the support section of the site.

All 360's have a 1 year warranty from the original purchase date, if your unsure if your console is still covered by it you can register it on this site using the My Xbox link at the top of the page> registered devices..

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.