Xbox 360 Slim being detected as "Unformatted" shortly after system update 2014

So about a week after the new year started, I was prompted to get a system update. Me and my girlfriend were playing DOA5 Ultimate when it happened. After we went out with some friends for a night out, we decided to play some more games before falling asleep. When turning on my Xbox, I noticed it took 4-5 for it to get past the Xbox logo with the whit background. After doing so, there was no profiles to be found, and In the system settings my hard drive showed up as UNFORMATTED!!!! I know for a FACT my Xbox has never been dropped, came into any type of contact with liquid, or experienced any type of mistreatment. I'm starting to believe this "SYSTEM UPDATE" is what made my hard drive start to randomly screw up. I've been with Xbox 360 since 2005 and have experienced a problem so random, sudden, and definitely frustrating. After surfing the internet for DAYS I finally formatted my hard drive, a 320gb hard drive with only about 3 gigs left at that. 7+ years of hard work gone in an instant. So after taking that painful loss I continue to game, attempting to just brush it off to the side. Then again, tonight, it happened AGAIN. I was playing just fine yesterday with what little stuff I got back, I come home today and no background, gamer profile, nothing. This isn't fair to your loyal customers to have some wipeout of hundreds of gigabytes wiped out across the world. I'm not gonna spend 130$ on a new 320gb hard drive when I bought my original one for that much, It's judt not happening sorry. If this can't be fixed then I'm officially done with Microsoft, something I thought I'd never speak of..l..

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

I am having the same problem. I have a 250g hard drive in a brand new 360 slim. Ever since the most recent update it has on and off appeared as unformatted. I formatted it and lost all my saved games and to make things worse, it has happened again. My profile and all saved games gone. Clearly it's not my hard drive.. Microsoft has clearly messed up their update. Most likely to make you buy another hard drive or just upgrade to the One. I'm done with Microsoft at this point.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.