Xbox 360 Slim beeps randomly after it's turned on, even when off

Hi all. So this problem only just started happening a lot more frequently a few nights ago. It's done it before but not as much as this. I turned on my Xbox 360 Slim briefly a couple of nights ago now just to check if my Internet connection was working (it wasn't the day before). It was, so I turned it back off and started doing something else. Then it started beeping. The beeping is the same sound as the one it makes when you open the disc tray. It went on for minutes without stopping and I could not figure out why, so I ended up just unplugging it entirely. After that event I did a bit of research into other people's Xbox 360 Slim's beeping randomly as well, and I came across several things to do with heat problems and flowing air etc., but I've never had a problem with it like that before. I did read somewhere that sometimes if you have it plugged into a power grid that's diverting power to other devices (lights, TVs, etc.), it can dull the amount of power going into the power brick which leads into the 360. Now I did have it plugged into a power grid of 6 outlets, all of which were in use, so I moved the main Xbox power cord into the wall (as it was apparently recommended to do so in the first place, according to the manual) and even changed the position of the 360. It was laying down flat before, now it's upright. I even moved away any other unnecessary wireless devices in case it was somehow interfering with the Xbox. After all that I turned it back on, and guess what happened? Still beeping. But not as long though. It only lasted around 5-7 minutes before stopping. I still couldn't figure out why so I eventually decided to come here for help. My Xbox is a black pre-owned 250gb Slim, and I haven't had any issues/worries with it until now. Sorry if this was too long or anything. I just want to try and resolve this problem. But if you can give some assistance that would be great. If you need any further details on the model or whatever feel free to ask and I'll see if I can find 'em. Cheers! - CJ54

Question Info

Last updated October 24, 2018 Views 3,279 Applies to:
Answer

Just thought I should finally update here...

Beeping has stopped - for now. I think it was just a problem with the connection between the 360S and the controller, because ever since I re-synced them it's stopped. I think it may have been fixed now guys. Thanks all the same!

- cjhrjone54

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.