XBox 360 Slim 4Gb is freezing!

My Xbox 360 slim 4gb keeps freezing when I start it. It freezes when the xbox logo comes on the screen. Sometimes it makes it to the menu but freezes shorty after. I've tried the following things: Unplugging all cords, reconnecting and restarting. Cleaning console Laying it on it's side Other info: It's about a year old Not in a cluttered area Just bought an external memory stick since I didn't have to for GTA V. I tried starting with/without the memory stick and it still freezes. Any ideas???

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Mine is doing the same thing. It was fine until I installed the previous update. personally I think that microsoft is doing it on purpose, in order to get us to abandon our xbox 360 and move on to the xbox one. If this is what they are doing though,  I don't plan on getting the xbox one anyway, and while I might have continued to buy games for the 360, if it keeps freezing, then I won't be using it at all.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey there

Welcome to the forums

Microsoft is not trying to damage the console. Its just a problem that is happening on the system. Now regarding why your console is freezing, there is a support article that goes through the steps you can do in order to fix this issue,. Please click onto the link bellow to go to the article.

support.xbox.com/.../xbox-360-screen-freeze

I hope this article helps with your issue

Regards,

Volunteer Moderator | Xbox Ambassador | Article Author | Windows & Xbox Insider

Sorry this didn't help.

sorry to say,but my title screen has frozen. You know when you turn on the game, and see the xbox logo. It freezes there. Please help. Your solutions had no affect.

Sorry this didn't help.

actually. I used every method here and it didn't work, and I see other models of the 360 has the same problem. Microsoft why are you doing this. I still have the first PS3 and there isn't one sign of failure, but ps3  sucks. I went through 5 (NOW) 360S and it was because of some bull. Maaaaaaaaaaan 360 is fun as hell but why do I need a new one. I now have to use my savings for a new 360 instead of a xbox one. Mission accomplished microsoft, your are about to get your next check from a poor sucker that so happens to love your bs. It is awkward tho. when I argue with someone who has a nitendo or sony console; they say I still got my first console. suggestion please make a new xbox 360 and one that will rarely rarely rarely *** up. Microsoft: what the hell is wrong this loser, he doesn't know that this all apart of our plan. I know but love you guys. warning tho. let ps3 actually make games better than microsoft, with better online features. You then shall lose a team member.

Sorry this didn't help.