xbox 360 slim 4gb disc drive problems

Hi, im having a problem with my xbox 360 slim. This is probably the best console i have ever had, and i knew sometime a problem had to appear. Everything started when i bought the red dead redemption goty edition(had the original back in the release date btw), well it results that the original actually works just fine, but of course i already completed it and that wasnt exactly the pucharse point, so when i try the second disc, undead nightmare, the console dont read the game correctly, making a strange like crrrrrrr noise and slowing down and going up constantly, and the things generally take a lot of time to actually appear, this is something that makes the game almost unplayable, and it never ends until the game bugging completely and john unable to move. Well, i thought it was just a problem of the game(i bought gta 5 with it and it works flawlesly)BUT....... when i play assassins creed 3( a game that i had long before red dead goty and back in the day when the console was working properly)it ocurrs the same. I have a lot of games and they work just fine( deus ex hr, hitman absolution,halo 3,alan wake, max payne 3,red dead redemption,gta 5,far cry 3,skyrim,etc. Its just a discs problem, like the games are too big and too drive demanding, or i may have to send the xbox to repair? Because i was planing on buying the upcoming watch dogs, and gta 4 complete edition(love that game lol). So well, what do you suggest?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:
Answer

The way you're talking it sounds as though the console is fairly old.  If this is the case then a repair or replacement of the console would be warranted as it sounds like the drive is starting to fail (crrrrrrrr noise).  You can either set up a repair at the link below or purchase a new console.  Be aware that if your console is out of warranty there will be a charge for the repair.

http://myservice.xbox.com/

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.