Xbox 360 Slim 250gb freezes on startup.

hello!

this happened a few months back, and i didnt really do anything about because i didnt have the time. 

when i start my xbox, sometimes it freezes on the xbox logo but it usually gets to the dash. from there, within 1 minute ( sometimes less) it will suddenly freeze. nothing will work. audio sometimes works and sometimes doesnt. if i press the home button it tends to freeze then.

the power box light stays green. when i try to power off, it takes multiples presses to the button for it to turn off. the button still makes the sound. i  cannot clear the cache because it freezes before i get there. is there a shortcut?

things i have tried

1. removing hdd 

2.flipping xbox upside down (saw an internet posting)

3. replugging all wires

if you help me solve this you can have my first born child and i will love you eternally

please help me

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 85 Applies to:

Does it still lock up when you remove the hdd and boot?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Yes it still freezes

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

If you've already tried the steps in the Screen Freeze Solution guide here (including removing your consoles hard drive) then that means that you will need to send it in to be repaired.

There's unfortunately nothing else we can give you in the form of troubleshooting steps. 

Sorry this didn't help.

I just put in a 360 slim with the same specs to be repaired for that very problem, but what causes this problem? My Xbox is still under warranty and  was used in a cool dry non smoking area. The ideal place for one really. I never played it to much either.  I used to have an old Elite that I gave to a pal that never had a problem. What seems to be the flaw in design with the Slim models? If I had my time back I would never have upgraded/ Downgraded to a Slim.

Sorry this didn't help.