Xbox 360 S Will Not Stay Connected to Live

Hey guys.

I have a 2 year old Xbox 360 S. My Xbox will not stay connected to Live when trying to play games online - but it stays connected when on Netflix.

Each time I sign in it makes me go through all the steps of setting up my connection again on the dashboard. It always connects to the internet but sometimes it fails when attempting to connect to Xbox Live. Once it does connect and I load my gamertag and sign in online, as soon as I load a game it signs me out again and I have to resign in.

It does not let me join the majority of matchmaking games and it just sits there loading. In Halo 4 it disconnects before the game starts or breifly after (~30 seconds) and says "It appears you do not have a connection to Xbox Live". However, I can still see my friends list, etc., but nothing loads when you attempt to access it. Then after a few minutes it disconnects me from Xbox Live and I have to start the same process all over.

It does this when I connect wirelessly and with an ethernet cord. It is not our internet as we have 3 Xboxes between myself and my roommates, and mine is in the room with the router. The other 2 Xboxes connect fine.

I have tried emptying my harddrive cache and I always download  my games to my harddrive.

Any ideas?

Thanks guys.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

Hey.Have you tried restarting your router and checking the network settings.Also try to clear your system catche in your harddrive.....Good luck

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

If you are being logged out when a game is loading it is most likley an update for the game.  If the screen pops up saying there is an update, you will need to update the game to play on xbox live.  Also sometimes the screen doesnt come up even if there is an update, when you turn your xbox on hold the power button for 10 seconds to clean your cache files and then it will reset the updates for games but the update screen will come up.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for the input guys. I've tried all of those with no luck. It is now doing it with all games and Netflix. The other 2 Xboxes still work fine.

The Xbox is out of warranty.

I'm assuming it is a chip (or something along those lines) that receives the input from the router that is not working.

Sorry this didn't help.