Xbox 360 s Will Not Start Up

I have an Xbox 360 slim that I bought back in November of 2010, never had a single problem with it till now.

I was playing a few indy games, then began to play L.A. Noire, this was were the trouble started.

I loaded a level and began to play, I noticed it was kind of slow while playing, then the screen went blank and my controller lost connection with the system.

I shut off the system and turned it back on,

- There is a Green light on the system, though there wasn't a green light circle to show it is starting up

- It will not sync with the controller, even though it would respond when trying to reconnect it, it will not connect

- There is a green light on the power block (I have tried leaving it unplugged and plugging it back in after 30 seconds, still does not work)

- The tray will open and close with no problem

- There is no connection with the TV at all (I have tried both HD and standard connections)

- When turning on the system, there is no start up sound

I would call myself an avid gamer, but I play in moderation (I do not play for 24 hours straight)

It would seems to run fine, only there is no connection with the controller and there is no picture on the screen.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Okay, it sounds like your console may be in need of a repair, but there's a few things we can check first just to be sure.

First off, double check that the TV is on the correct input. Then, with the console hooked up to the display, try resetting video, to see if that allows any sound or video to come through.

As for the controller, make sure you're pressing the sync buttons on both the controller and the console to establish a connection. If you are, you may want to try a wired controller, or a Plug & Play kit, just to see if that has the same issue.

Like I said, though, it sounds like the console will likely need a repair. If none of these steps resolve your issue, then you can use this site to set one up, as well as check your warranty status.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.