Xbox 360 S-Video Problem

I'm using s-video cable on xbox 360 arcade. When i switch from dashboard to game or game to dashboard, the screen turns black, after a few seconds all i see are some colored lines that appear some times, the sound works. Every time it happens i just disconnect and connect the A/V cable on the xbox then the image comes back. But it happens every time when i switch, and when i turn on the console, there is somebody having this problem too?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Maybe a faulty wire or the connectors are dusty. I take it you have a SDTV and no hdmi ports

It is new cable and has two types of conectors for video, the s-video and the composite. If i'm using the composite this problem not happens, only if using s-video. And yes, i'm using a SDTV, just cause it's bigger than my HDTV. The s-video is the best quality that i can have on my SDTV. I have not had the opportunity yet to test the s-video on another tv, so i don't know if the problem is the cable or my tv, but it never happened using s-video with other devices.