Xbox 360 S... no picture no sound...2 months past warranty

So this will be my 3rd failed 360.  The first 360 was an original that had the dreaded RROD, fortunately MS replaced at no cost.  Second original 360 died out of warranty and they wanted $99 to fix.

Instead of spending $100 for MS to fix it,  I put the money into a new Xbox 360S.  Well it has now apparently died, I get no picture and no sound 90% of the time.  Occasionally I get a picture then after a few minutes screen goes black 100% of the time.   All this is of course just out of warranty a couple of months.

I find this incredibly annoying that I am on my 3rd dead 360.  Does anyone have any recommendations for a fix that wont involve sending more money to MS.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Take a look at this Support page for assistance: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/audio-video-setup-and-use/audio-video

Hopefully something there will help you! Let us know!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have been through that list already before I posted here.  Nothing helped, Thanks anyway!

Sorry this didn't help.

Could be a number of things.

1. Your Display(TV) may be intermittently refusing to produce the resolution preset in the xbox settings

when it happens again try turning the console on with the controller while holding Y+right trigger. continue to hold until you notice the console reset itself. this will reset the display setting in the xbox. it will also make it easy to see if it is in fact a intermittent issue with your display(TV)

2. If the above does not resolve the issue try a new display cable. are you running HDMI, component or SD?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello,

If you've tried different A/V Cables, and another TV as a test then unfortunately this means that there is something wrong with the internal components of the XBOX 360 and it would need to be repaired. I'm sorry that this is happening to you 2 months out of warranty but there's no way around paying the $99 fee to repair the console. If you can hold out and get a refurbished console for cheaper you might be better off waiting until the new generation of consoles are out.

This link here will take you to the repair center for Microsoft and you can start a repair there. This is a FAQ about the repairs.

Sorry this didn't help.