Xbox 360 S Model - Disc spins when not in use

Recently I purchased an Xbox 360 S model (after my older model red-ringed).  After a few uses, I noticed something rather strange....my system would freeze up here and there while loading something like netflix or downloaded game demos....among other content.  Sometimes, even moving back to dashboard from a game would cause the system to "freeze" - or at least I thought it was freezing at first.  As it turns out, the disc does not stop spinning completely and causes the system to lock up until I open the tray - which then lets the system load whatever it is that I was going to next.

My question is - will there be a fix to this issue?  I don't want to have to send my new (2 month old) xbox 360 in for repairs, but this is getting annoying.  Every time I use my xbox I run into this issue after a while, say an hour or two of use.  The disc will spin for a moment, and stop, and spin again like its trying to load something...and I can't do anything else until I open the tray.  What can I do to fix this?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

My xbox did this the other day for the first time - the disk kept spinning - I think its time to send it in for warranty and my S model is under a yr old.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.