XBOX 360 S HD space etc.

So I just bought an Xbox 360 S after having a regular 360 for a long time. Microsoft decided to not send me a new one after I got red rings for the third (!!!) time on a machine they sent to replace my older one. I got the slim because I didn't think I'd need 250 GBs for memory. Basically, I am wondering if the 4GB of internal memory is going to be enough space after a few months of use. How big are saves for games like Black Ops and downloading content and such? Mainly trying to play Fifa 11, Tiger Woods 11, GTA 4, Black Ops, etc. and MW3 come November.

Does the amount of memory matter for using things like Netflix or Last.fm?

And if I try and use a USB drive (i.e. 16 gigs) to add memory, am I going to have issues with speed and stuff if I'm trying to play some new Black Ops DLC maps online? Can you even save DLC to a USB drive??

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

There are two types of hard drive in the slim consoles. One is a Flash Memory, that is in the 4Gb version, and that isn't a hard drive, more like a flash drive. The other is a Hard Drive, that is in the 250Gb version.

You will not be able to play certain games, such as Black Ops and Halo, due to their Theater Modes. Those features require a hard drive be present as they utilize the hard drive with that feature.

You can pick up an official 250Gb hard drive for the slim for less than $100 if you look around online and even in some stores such as Game Stop. Of course you can still use a usb flash drive for other games, but to play the above mentioned two you still need a physical hard drive.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.