Xbox 360 S disc tray

My Xbox 360 S has a flashing green light, Xbox won't help because by the time I called the warranty had expired. Once I open my tray the green dot flashes for 10 seconds then closes, its a pain in the ***. Any fix?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 9 Applies to:

Hi there, try giving the eject button and power button a good wipe over with a soft dry cloth. The flashing light is an indication the eject button has been pressed and the tray is opening or closing. It could just be dirty fingerprints setting the touch sensitive button off.

When the going gets tough find something easier to do.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I too have a Xbox 360 Slim. I've taken excellent care of the console however, I have been noticing some sensitivity issues slowing starting to affect the disc drive. Ejecting the disc drive sometimes when I start it up, it just closing back in right away. Even if I barely touch it sometimes it goes back in by itself. This worries me because I don't want to damage a disc when I'm attempting to put in a game when that happens. I've owned this console for over 2 and a half years and am very disappointed about this. To put it into perspective, I also have a PS3 that I have had for over 6 years and had a lot of use and have had virtually no mechanical issues with it. Warranty of course is expired and I have a feeling it's not cosmetic stuff like dust or dirty buttons rather that parts in the console are just simply slowly getting warn out over time. The WI-FI in the 360 console has become spotty in recent months. It has absolutely nothing to do with my internet. My internet it fine. In fact my console is just outside the room in my house where my router is. I don't think this console was made to last quite frankly.

Sorry this didn't help.

You're posting in a 2 year old topic...make your own new topic. And no. Consumer electronics are no longer designed to last, they are designed to be cheap and disposable. That being said, your WiFi issues could be anything. Interference, your router, etc. Wipe your console down with a damp LINT FREE cloth. Anything that has lint defeats the purpose.

Sorry this didn't help.