Here is a summary of the situation:
- Moved from India to US in 2010
- Purchased Xbox 360 S Console + Kinect in the US in 2010. I do not use any external drives.
- Company transferred me back to India in 2013. Bought a voltage step-down converter with the right wattage.
- Xbox was working fine until last week.
- Last week, whenever I press Power/Eject button, the console beeps, but does not turn on. The power supply shows steady orange light.
- Tried different wall sockets
- Called Xbox support India
- Had a chat with Xbox support US
- Not tried replacing power supply or console yet (trying to find friends in India who have a US console or compatible power supply - not easy)
- Tried different HDMI cables and inserting USBs to rule out pin bending possibilities.
Response from MS Xbox support
- Most likely the console needs to be serviced
- Cannot service US-bought products in India
- Needs to be shipped to the US for service
Forum members: please advice what options do I have..
Thanks a lot and appreciate your time/help.