Xbox 360 S Connections

i was wondering since the 360S ethernet port is only 100 as in 10/100 ethernet port. and it has the built in Wireless N. witch i dont know if its better then the adapter N. but anyways. i was wondering what is the better way to go with it. N is faster then the 10/100 ethernet port. it can do 300Mbps and i have a wireless N+ dual band and it can the the 20/40MHz. so i was wondering if i should use my router N+ or leave my 360 hard wired. to that none gigbit ethernet port.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

anyone? can anyone give me an answer? or is it that you are all doing some sort of research?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Wireless speeds are the maximum attained under ideal conditions.  The speeds deteriorate over distance and with obstacles (like walls and floors) in the path.  Wireless is also susceptible to various forms of interference, so if you can use an ethernet cable without it being a nuisance, why would you want to use wireless? 

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi, been through this all in the past, Wireless N is not faster in real speeds than 100Mbps wired. Leave it wired

Sorry this didn't help.

A wired connection is always better, it won't get interrupted by other signals, walls etc, plus it's generally easier to set up.

The 360 doesn't need gigabit Ethernet, after all it's a gaming console not a computer server. Anything more than 100MB (megabit) is overkill. In any case, if your Internet connection speed was say 10 or 20MB then 80% of what your network adapter is capable of handling isn't used anyway.

With a wireless N or N+ you'll only get the maximum speed if your practically right next to it.  The speed drops off the further you move away from the router as the signal degrades.  Having a faster wireless signal makes no difference with online gaming, it's the speed that your isp package gives you that makes all the difference.

Hope that made sense.

Sorry this didn't help.