xbox 360 rrod went away

i just bought an xbox on ebay that had 3 rings (not knowing it did) i suppose usps left it in the sun, but then after a day it went away so im wondering is it safe to keep or will it break down again due to possible sun damage, also when i switch my cable to hd it doesnt show up on screen (yes my av cords are plugged in right)

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

ui

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

The dreaded "red ring of death" (player lights 1, 3 & 4 flashing red) doesn't just "go away" (at least not for good). I've heard of it coming up once and never showing up again, but if it took a whole day of trying to get it to go away, it looks like you have a bad system.

Buying a used xbox from a reputable seller in person is a very bad idea, let alone from an ebay user. People often try to get a broken xbox to work just long enough to sell it. Furthermore, who knows what the last person did to it - if they did anything shady (hacks mods etc) you'll get a console ban for your trouble.

I'd try returning it to eBay first. If you can't return it, (likely on shadeBay) then your best bet is to try and get it repaired by Microsoft. If the eBay seller was selling a NEW xbox 360 (unlikely, as new ones should be the newest model which only has one red light) check the manufacture date (it's in tiny print next to the serial number). If it is recent (less than one year), you might be able to get a repair from Microsoft for free. If it's older, you'll be stuck paying $100.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.