xbox 360 randomly turns off

My xbox 360 randomly turns off, with no indication of over heating or anything. the whole system shuts down. it is also instant shut down not like slow shut down. the power brick is orange, but when the xbox turns on it turns green. the xbox will turn on and start to run. when get into any game and start to play it turns off. the only thing i can think of i i have a lot of electronics plugged into a strip all at the same time. that is when the first time it happened, so i moved the plug directly into the wall. it still happens. this is an xbox that was just working fine 1 day ago. all of a sudden it does this. i have no warranty. what does anyone think it could be?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 9 Applies to:

I am having the same issue

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey there Theman2680 and Brad Felmz!

Sorry to hear about the issue.  If your console turns off unexpectedly it can be because the console is too hot, the Auto-off setting is enabled or there is a problem with the power supply.

I recommend trying the troubleshooting steps on our Xbox 360 console turns off unexpectedly page.

If the issue continues to occur after trying the troubleshooting steps, please let us know and we will be standing by to help.

Sorry this didn't help.

My console turns on and then off by itself and when I turn it on it shuts off withing a min or so from starting

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there GPeas04!

So that we can do our best to provide support, please create your own thread.  Be sure to include the details of the issue as well as any troubleshooting steps you have tried.  In the mean time, please check the troubleshooting steps suggested above and  we will be standing by to help.

Sorry this didn't help.