Xbox 360 power brick problem

I have an xbox 360 slim.

Today, while playing for an admittedly long session, my console suddenly shut itself off, making the same noise it would make when you would shut it off when a game froze.

After letting it sit for a bit, I tried turning it back on. It began to boot up, but quickly stops and turns back off.

The power brick "revs up" as if ready to turn on, but stops.

It has an orange light when plugged in.

At first, the plug made a static noise when being unplugged and when being plugged back in.

I tried using a spare power cable to see if that was the issue, but the same thing happened; the power brick "revs up,", but stops and the console turns back off.

It seems it may be the power brick itself, but I want to know if other people have experienced this and if there is a fix before getting a replacement brick.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 29 Applies to:
Answer

Hi there,

please don't follow the advise given by XxCharGerzFanxX that will void any warranty and can have several consequences.

Yes if the console is causing the problem I would expect one or more red lights..

Do you have any friends or relatives with a similar xbox 360 console, to try their power brick on your console. Be aware that it must be the same type, since not all power supplies will have the same connection on the console.

If that isn't a possibility, I advise to contact Xbox Support, to see what they advise to try and or replace. To contact Xbox Support use support.xbox.com/contact-us

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.