Xbox 360 on Xbox One

Hello, I'm considering getting an Xbox One to upgrade from the Xbox 360. I recently saw the announcement that Xbox 360 games can be played on the Xbox One, and that it is in the BETA version right now. I was wondering, if I play a game on Xbox One that's an Xbox 360 game (for example, an older Call of Duty game that came out for the Xbox 360 only), can I talk to my friends who are playing on an Xbox 360 console, who are playing the same game as me, can I go into game chat with them? Can I talk to my friends who are on an Xbox 360 while I'm on an Xbox One anyway? Thank you for time and answers. :) 

Thanks again,

Kennedy (xXTox1cGirlXx)

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Hello,

To be honest currently there are only a select few games that are playable on the Xbox One 22 titles to be exact.

A Kingdom for Keflings

A World of Keflings

Alien Hominid HD

Banjo-Kazooie

Banjo-Tooie

BattleBlock Theater

Defense Grid

Geometry Wars Evolved

Hexic HD

Jetpac Refuelled

Kameo

Mass Effect

N+

Perfect Dark

Perfect Dark Zero

Small Arms

Super Meat Boy

Toy Soldiers

Toy Soldiers: Cold War

Viva Piñata

Viva Piñata: TIP

Zuma

Now nothing really has been said about being able to chat with xbox 360 players while on the xbox one. My own personal opinion is that it should since it will be running an emulator of the 360, but since its still currently in development and wont be open to everyone until this Holiday it could very well be a possibility. :)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.