Xbox 360 Offline Lag

I have been having lag issues a LOT on my xbox 360 and given how I actually dont know much about the system due to how broke I am (I literally got mine used just last December and is my first console I have gotten since the last one was an N64 a long time ago) and finding nothing to solve my own issue I decides to post this to see if someone could help. I assume mine is an Xbox360 slim and it has roughly 220gb of space and only about 3 gigs are used up and I always get lag like say Minecraft, it cannot handle more than two players co op offline as it gets really choppy and whatnot (just two players is somewhat laggy) but there are other games such as Red Dead Redemption where it lags everytime there is cutscene and usually for most games that just have too many things on screen or is just an rpg or so like Fallout NV, Skyrim, or Oblivion.

Do not know what the lag stems from, either from the console, the bad old small flatscreen I have or the HDMI cable I literally got from some Time Warner cable box thing.

Just really wantrd help with the lag offline (dont play online as Id rather play by myself most of the time) and see if there was anyway someone could help. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 457 Applies to:

Hi there,

first thing to try is to clear the console cache, please see the steps here: support.xbox.com/.../clear-system-cache

Be sure to do it 3x and then restart the console.

If that didn't help and if possible please try if you are experiencing the same lag when using a different profile on the console. (If needed you can create a new (offline) profile on the console to use and test it)

If the other profile does not experience the same issue, you will need to remove the profile (Profile only) and redownload it, please see the steos here on how to remove and redownload a profile: support.xbox.com/.../Manage%20profile

Be sure to clear the system cache after removing the profile and then restart the console and redownload the profile.

Let us know the results

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

sounds like an issue reading the disc when loading stuff.  you should try installing the game to your hard drive and see if it runs better that way.  or if it already is installed, it could be an issue reading the hard drive, but more likely the dvd drive needs maintenance.  they build up dust pretty quickly inside there.

Sorry this didn't help.

I did exactly that WPAK but the lag is still there.

Sorry this didn't help.

What happened when trying the games via a different profile?

Sorry this didn't help.

Lag is still the same, loading times, too many things on screen also fire, fire on anything (like say Borderlands 2) and close to it would make the game lag

Sorry this didn't help.