Xbox 360 memory

Hi all, i'm struggling to find some information about xbox 360 memory. We have the slim version with the red dot of death. I've tried the online fix but still no joy. My question is does the transfer cable allow the 360 slim memory to be used as an external memory on the xbox360 original. There is not enough memory on the original to store all the information fro the slim memory. If a transfer cable is able to do this, which cable do i buy and the transfer cable is not capeable, what other method is available so the slim memory can be used as external memory for the original xbox you huys know of.

Any help you can give a total xbox divvy to stop my kids moaning about starting afresh would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks Rich

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Hello

It should be possible IF and only IF the amount of data on the HDD of the 360-s is smaller than then total content which can be stored on the original 360

The original 360 usually only had a HDD capacity of 20Gb unless you had the elite model which could store up to 120Gb. so if the total data on your 360-s HDD is lower than the capacity of the HDD of the original 360 HDD you have then you can transfer content between it. In theory that is... However I haven't seen a case of someone transfering data to an older console

If however you were to purchase a new 360-s model you could just swap the harddrives

support.xbox.com/.../set-up-transfer-cable

I suggest checking if your console still has warrenty though so it can be fixed https://myservice.xbox.com/

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.