XBOX 360 Live, Wireless adapters?

I live in an apartment that's on the second floor of a house, and my landlords live downstairs. They are putting out a wireless signal, and currently i have a Lynksys Wireless adapter plugged into my computer to pick up the signal. My XBOX has built in WIFI and can't pick up the signal. The Lynksys company told me its because my wireless adapter doesn't work with XBOX. Is there any wireless adapter that plugs into my computer that will allow my XBOX to pick up its signal, or what is going on? I have had my xbox for 2 years and never been able to use LIVE, HELP!!??!!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

unless you have a 360 slim with the built in wireless, the only way to receive a wireless signal is a wireless bridge that plugs into your 360's ethernet jack on the back and that unit should be able to connect to the wireless signal.  if it is a usb based wireless receiver like for a PC then it will not work.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi, I would suggest homeplugs/powerline adapters as an alternative, they use your house wiring to send data and are perfect for places wireless won't reach, they don't suffer the same interference that wireless do either

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.