Xbox 360 Live disconnects and error codes

For about three weeks now I've been having poor Live wireless connections. By far the most common problem is it disconnecting after I am playing any game, then reconnecting after I leave the game for the dashboard, when I'm greeted with error code 8007274c. So the I do what is suggested around here: unplug power cords, restarts, defaulting connections, deleting & reloading my profile, clearing the cache repeatedly, restarts again, etc. When I'm not getting that code I see 8007065b and 80070490 alot, and 8b05008-00000000-00000000 less often. With my limited knowledge here's what I think is going on: my wireless connection is having update issues with Live and issues with the demand for security proofs that pops up every couple of days. I am stuck with the wireless option only, and have never tried to connect my 360 to my ancient computer. I also have been canceling the security proofs thing, as I have no phone nor do I wish to create another email just for this. Any ideas and comments would be appreciated.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 82 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Some times d/c's on the xbox are caused by problems in your security proofs if they are out of date or you don't have 2 verified security proofs the account system will signal your xbox that they need to be updated and prompt that alert ( so that if you ever lost your password you would be able to get it back) If this keeps happening sometimes it will start kicking you out of xbox live fairly frequently, if you go to login.live.com and sign in and go to security and password on the left and once you are in there verify/ add at least 2 proofs. and then after you update or everything looks good on the website go ahead and download the profile because that updates and refreshes it from xbox servers and should stop those messages from popping up. You obviously know the password to sign in here so should be pretty simple to sign in and take care of.

Then if you are still getting errors gather some more info. Who is your Internet service provider(ISP)? What is the make and model of the device(s) you use to connect to the internet? Does the connection test go through?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Did the MS security proofs yesterday. Got the code emailed to me and confirmed it, but that didn't help. I even tried deleting the last Xbox update to force it to update, but it didn't. I use the built-in wireless on the console. I'll get the modem/ISP info...

Sorry this didn't help.

Modem is a Ubee DDW2600 wireless and I use Comcast for internet. The network connections test always is fine, no NAT problems or any error codes there.

Sorry this didn't help.

Problems have continued and worsened. Still get error codes, still disconnecting after starting games, but now it's any game, and I can no longer join any multiplayer on any games. Also, while on the dashboard most things take a while (2-3 minutes) to load, the recommendations never load anymore, and neither do ads. I do not miss the ads, but not good.

Sorry this didn't help.

the Security proofs arent the big issue though, if you disable them you risk your account.

Is the network that your 360 is on protected?

Look on the back of the console and look at the manufacturer date, the older it is the more likely it is its gonna be slower.(There's not much anyone can do about this)

Goto Speedtest.net if your download speed reads 25 Mb/s or roughly around there (and i have comcast btw) you will download a file at 3Mb/s at peak

Sorry this didn't help.

Greetings JPLongstreet!

Is there any chance for you to use a wired solution with your console?

Can you tell us which security method you're using to secure your WLAN.

Do you use a wireless headset, with a digital RF transmitter (e.g. Turtle Beach)?

Could you try experiment with your router's wireless channel, to see if you can find a frequency, less occupied, by close-by wireless devices, operating on the same frequency.

I recommend the non-overlapping channels (1, 6, 11), for the 2.4 Ghz range.

There are some known issues with Ubee DDW2600 and connectivity to Xbox Live. Therefore, I also recommend turning off/disable 'IP Flood Detection' and 'Firewall Protection'.

Post back and let us know how that goes.

Sorry this didn't help.

I looked for a manuf. date on the console but could not find one. I needed a password for the modem so I assume it's protected somehow. I do not have access to the modem for testing/modding though, and am stuck with the wireless option. (no I'm not stealing) Question about the speed test recommended: IE rarely starts and never connects through the console, so would doing a test through my old puter I use tell anything?

What are the known issues with this modem? I'm guessing that since I cannot mess with the modem you guys can't help me much.

Sorry this didn't help.

That's nonsense! You don't have to find the date of manufacture for your console, or if your D/L speed reads 25 Mbit/s.

Are you the owner of your networking equipment (Ubee DDW2600)?

[quote user="JPLongstreet"]What are the known issues with this modem?[/quote]NAT issue.

Sorry this didn't help.

Not the owner using my roomates with kind permission. Last I knew the NAT was open and not strict/moderate or anything. How would I check it? (besides Gears 3 telling me it's open)

Sorry this didn't help.

I suggest that you ask your roommate, politely, for permission, to access the Ubee and apply those changes.

An application on your console, can only diagnose and discover your NAT's behavior with the help of STUN (Session Traversal Utilities for NAT), which is implemented through the Xbox Live diagnostic test (Test Xbox Live Connection), or diagnosed through different game servers.

Note that the process to test the behavior of your NAT, makes no attempt to test every relevant facet. So, even if through a diagnose and discovery test, which shows your NAT's behavior as Open, it can drift from this state, to moderate.

Sorry this didn't help.