Xbox 360 Live account transfer over to the Xbox One?

I currently have 3 Xbox 360 Live accounts with about 6 months left on the subscriptions. 

When I receive my Xbox One, do I need to purchase another Xbox Live account for the Xbox One or does my main account transfer over, feeling a little confused. 

Because I see some Xbox One Live pre-order cards that come with some kind of a game for launch day but not sure what this is all about other than it got me thinking about how the Xbox 360 live account and my new Xbox One. 

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 2,597 Applies to:

Hi, great news for you.

-

news.xbox.com/.../qa

-

Q:    Can I use my current gamertag on Xbox One and will my Gamerscore and Achievements transfer?

-

A:    Yes. Your current Xbox Live Gamertag will stay with you on Xbox One if you choose to keep it, and your hard-earned Gamerscore and Achievements will indeed carry over from Xbox 360.

-

Q:    Will my current Xbox Live Gold membership work with Xbox One or will I have to buy a new one?

-

A:    You do not need to buy a new Xbox Live Gold membership. Your current membership will work on both Xbox 360 and Xbox One.

-

So yes you can use your current gold membership on the Xbox One, happy days :)

-

You can even be signed into both the 360 and One at the same time with the same Gamertag. Nice !!!

Bananas !!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank God man Thank u Soo Much!! Really appreciate it thanks!! :D

Sorry this didn't help.

Finding this out has just helped me decide on buying a xbox one! I was going to continue to use my 360 until the games i really want to play come out only for the xbox one or if the graphics & gameplay are noticeably betier, because to be houest i still think the 360 is an amazing console.

Recent games such as GTA V and Call of Duty Ghost have shown how powerful the console still is. Remember how amazing the games on the 360 looked compared to the original console when it first came out? Will the xbox one make your jaw drop just as much, if not more?

Sorry this didn't help.

I was forced to purchase an entire new subscription and new gamertag. I tried every single email I have ever had and every password I could think of. (Yes I used the forgot my password and username button).

Sorry this didn't help.

I still don't know how to transfer my gold script to my new xbox one. Everything moved over but that- some kind of ploy to for more cash?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yeah mine gave me a month on the Xbox one then just told me that I didn't have gold anymore. My gold membership is supposed to be renewed every april

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey, guys! I'm very sorry to see that you're having some issues! This thread is almost a year old. DARKNESSTTOWN, your account is showing as not having Gold here on the forums, this is likely why you don't have Gold on your new console. BoostedStangGT, for further assistance, please post up a new thread detailing what you're running into on our Xbox One Managing my Xbox Live Account forums. This way we can get you the individual support that works best on the forums. :)

Sorry this didn't help.