Xbox 360 keeps randomly disconnecting from Live (mainly while playing a game)

Hi. Within the last few weeks I've run into some major trouble with staying connected to Xbox Live on my 360. Let me start at the beginning. 

I went away on vacation a few weeks ago, and the week before I left, my 360 randomly disconnected from Live maybe 3 or 4 times over the course of that week. To me, that was a little more often the normal but really nothing that bothered me at all. However, the problem became routine after I got home. Now I'm able to stay connected for anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, maybe even an hour at times. Still, anytime I play my 360 for an extended period of time now (more than an hour) it is guaranteed to disconnect. Since this problem has begun, I've tried any number of solutions but without any luck. Below is a list of what I've tried (not in chronological order)

1. I've done what I've found to be the standard for this type of problem; delete my profile from my 360, clear the system cache a few times, power down the system, and re-download my profile. Hasn't worked for me

2. I've reduced my Internet firewall settings to the lowest security

3. I've reset the network settings to the factory defaults

4. I've tried this with multiple games (specifically GTA V and Call of Duty: WaW) and both disconnect

5. I DIDN'T port forward because I noticed the ports the 360 and One use are the same, and I've already forwarded the ports for the One

6. The UPnP is enabled 

7. I always play with my Xbox One completely powered down to prevent any possible interference between the two

8. Reset the router (actually I think its a Verizon Fios gateway) multiple times  

I'm pretty sure this is everything I've tried over the last few weeks and nothing has seemed to work. I've even tried some of them multiple times. If anyone has any idea what could permanently fix this that would be awesome.

IMPORTANT: I've been able to play online with my Xbox One with zero problems so I don't think my Internet is the issue. Also, the Connection Test is telling me my NAT is Open, but I've heard that sometimes a moderate or strict NAT isn't detected by the test. Also, anytime I randomly get disconnected and go back to the Xbox Home, I automatically get signed back in immediately. Even still, if I let the system sit for long enough, it'll disconnect itself even when just at the Xbox Home.  

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY HELP/ ADVICE!

Question Info

Last updated October 23, 2018 Views 25 Applies to:

RashestMussel, hey hey.

First of all, please do not use port triggering, port forwarding, DMZ and other things with UPnP at the same time. Recommended way to configure network ports is UPnP, because most of the time manual configuration can't be done as needed, for example You can't set some timeouts etc, but this easily can be done with UPnP.

So let's first reset Your router settings to factory defaults, then enable only UPnP in settings, without manual port configuration. On Xbox 360 use DHCP to obtain IP address, if You not used it earlier.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Well the reason I port forwarded in the first place was because my Xbox One didn't have an open NAT, and after I port forwarded I had no trouble

Sorry this didn't help.

Ok I think I figured out my problem. I guess that my 360 started to request this one port that I had already assigned to my Xbox One's IP, and despite my One being powered off completely, I think the 360's information was getting routed to my One. I removed the port forwarding rule for my One, and I've had my 360 on for over 2 hours now and haven't had a single disconnection. So I guess this is resolved. This is kinda what zanswerlive was telling me, so thanks to him I've got my stuff working again!

Sorry this didn't help.

RashestMussel, hey hey.

I'm glad to hear, that Your problem is solved! :)

Sorry this didn't help.